1. Information About Me:
My website (www.dee4dogs.co.uk) is owned and operated by me.
2. What Does This Policy Cover:
3. What is Personal Data:
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
4. What Are Your Rights:
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- b) The right to access the personal data I hold about you.
- c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete.
- d) The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I have.
- e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- f) The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- g) The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
For more information about use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us. Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Data Do I Collect:
Depending upon whether you make a booking or just visit my website, I may collect some or all of the following personal data:
To allow me to process your payment, I use payment provider Stripe. Any card-holder information transmitted to these payment providers remains with the payment providers and I have no access to this sensitive data. Stripe transactions are subject to the Stripe Privacy Policies.
6. How I Use Your Personal Data:
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for my performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to my use of your personal data, or because it is in my legitimate business interests to use it.
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Supplying my products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for me to enter into a contract with you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you
Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing me).
- Analysing your use of the website and gathering feedback to enable me to continually improve my website and your user experience.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, or offers on my products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
I will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with the obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
7. How Long I Will Keep Your Personal Data:
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. The following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept: • When you make a booking, I’ll keep the personal data you give me for six years so I can comply with my legal and contractual obligations. At the end of this retention period your data will deleted completely.
8. How and Where I Store or Transfer Your Personal Data:
I will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
9. Do I Share Your Personal Data:
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the following exceptions:
a) As part of my Terms and Conditions on joining some classes, I am required to share your data with Puppy School Limited. They also share your data with Natures Menu Limited in order to provide you with a free gift box. I will need to share personal data to ensure that these items are available to you prior to classes commencing.
b) In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
10. Can You Withhold Information:
You may access certain areas of my website without providing any personal data at all. However, to make a booking through the website, you will be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
11. How Can You Access Your Personal Data:
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown below. There is not normally any charge for a subject access request.
If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within 28 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of progress.
13. How Do You Contact Me:
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details: Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0794 11 22 733
Postal Address: 60 Loughborough Road, Coleorton, Leicestershire, LE67 8HG
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change my business in a way that affects personal data protection.